Friday, January 6, 2017

new years resolutions?

Hey everyone! I'm back again. Today I'm going to talk a bit about New Years Resolutions (although, on 6 Jan when I'm writing this, we're a bit removed from all that). I feel like an apostrophe belongs somewhere in "New Years" but I can't quite decide where and I'm too lazy to Google it so we're just gonna be okay with it the way it is.

I personally don't feel like January 1 is really that different from December 31 or July 6 or whatever. It just means people are buying new calendars and writing a different year at the end of a date. However, I totally understand wanting to ring in the New Year (should that be capitalized?) with hope and positivity. We want this year to be the one we look back on like "yup, everything changed that year" or "that's the year I finally ____". I find myself doing this, too. But it's a trap! We feel super determined to meet our goals, to fulfill these resolutions, and then like three weeks or four weeks or two months later, we're back to our typical, unmotivated, wishful selves. We lose that feeling of turning over a new leaf. We need to find a way to stay motivated and focused, right? I do, too. And I don't have the answer as to how.

I've always disliked the idea of a New Years resolution, but today I think I'm going to share mine with you all. I kind of refrained from making them in the past, but now I've decided to give them a go again and see if I can stick with them.

2017 Resolutions:
1. Lose my gut (yeah I know, everyone has this one, but I'm sick of hating my body!)

I've been eating mostly healthy and exercising regularly for over a year now, but these last few months I've been really buckling down on eating any kind of junk food and sugar. I consider the nutritional value of every ingredient I eat to make sure that I'm eating a balanced diet and, when I'm home from college, I love cooking healthy, plant-based meals. This year though, I plan to finally stop overeating. I love snacking and I constantly think about eating. Even if it's only something healthy (I only keep healthy food in my home), overeating leads to excess calorie intake which leads to fat, and I want my dream body finally!

2. Eat a mostly plant based diet

I've been interested in being vegan for a while now, but I was having issues with finally convincing myself to do it. Lately, I've been grossed out by the idea of eating animal products, so hopefully I'll finally be able to drop all animal products from my diet completely! I'm having trouble with honey and dishes with butter in them.

3. Sing on a stage in front of people.

Oh my goodness, I have the worst stage fright ever! But I want to sing so I have to push through and do it. I also need to figure out where I'm going to sing. Karaoke night? Talent show? Who knows...but that's something I want to do. I also wanted to talk to someone in the music industry by the end of summer 2017, but let's start with singing in front of people for now :)

Okay guys, that's all I have for you for now! What are your New Years resolutions, if you have any? How do you feel about the idea of New Years resolutions? How is 2017 going for you so far? Good luck everyone!

If you want to contact me on social media, check out my about page. Don't forget to subscribe below!

Talk to you soon,

NYE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe!